Reactions to
the Move
Greg’s Reaction: Slow and Steady. Greg has loved the
northwest climate and amenities the most out of everyone, but he is excited for
the opportunities and growth Micron will provide for his career.
Sally’s Reaction: All over the place (come on, you guys know
me – hello, drama). One minute I smile as I recall all our good times as a
family in Boise (the two houses we built, bringing my babies home, spending
time with friends) and then the next, I am crying as I drive up the beautiful
little hill to my subdivision and a hawk flies over my truck, and I realize
that we will soon be gone. Through all of it, I’m learning a lot about myself
and even more about life, control, prayer, faith, home, and family.
“Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was
wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together. Not a
place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to
create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever
you may go.”
I really like this quote because I have lived in a lot of places (Indiana 6yrs, Florida 8yrs, Pennsylvania 5yrs, Utah 5yrs, Idaho 8yrs, and Washington 3yrs) and I have found good people and great things to love everywhere I've lived. I feel blessed to keep all those memories inside me.
Ethan’s Reaction: “Let’s go to our old house and kick them
out and say – ‘This is our old house – give it back!” No, really, Ethan is a
lot like me. One minute he was jumping for joy remembering his Idaho friends,
the machine gun shoot, and the pug parties, but as he fell asleep, he was sad
to leave friends and things he was looking forward to doing here.
Katie’s Reaction: The news came a little harder for young
Katie who was only 18 months old when we moved here. She doesn’t have memories
of Boise. At first, she just cried big crocodile tears. “Will someone else live
in our house forever??!!!” “But I love my teachers (school and church).” We are
answering her questions one at a time.
A Few Things We Will Remember/Miss about WA: The green, the
green, the green J.
Ok, a few other things: the short drive to waterfalls and amazing hikes, the
hills and rivers, Seattle and all it offers (Symphony, Space Needle, Museums,
Pike’s Market), our Canada excursions, Helping clean and do the Veteran’s Day flags
for the cemetery by our house, the birds in our backyard, our neighborhood
(Christmas lights, 4th of July parade &Halloween)
(I will NOT miss the slugs – not one bit.)
Things We Look Forward to in Boise: The sun, the sun, the
sun. J
For real: More time as a family, better career for Greg, Machine Gun Shoot,
Catching up with old friends, Boise Pug Parties, Snow Days, Being closer to
Greg’s family (in Northern Utah)
(I do NOT want to go back to the ragweed – not one bit.)
lol, I love this post! Such a great snapshot of all your family's personalities!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll catch up with me when you come back!! We have lots of catching up to do :-) I am excited to see you!
ReplyDeleteOur families had very similar experiences up till now.
ReplyDelete- ISD 1998-2001
-Cypress 2001-2009 Boise
-Cypress 2009-current Seattle
I love the same things about WA as you do. Green, hikes, wildlife in the backyard, green.
I miss Boise for the same reasons. But our move is just down the street so we can have more land. And it seems we are putting our roots deeper into WA.
Happy and envious of your new adventure.
Teresa